Gulbenkian will become a safe haven away from exam stress and deadline woes. We know this time of year can be hard, and we want to make sure there is always somewhere for you to take a deep breath and relax. Here is our list of 10 things to do with us to give yourself a break!
- FREE Breakfast Raves! Every Friday from 11th May until 1st June, from 9am to 11am, we will be hosting a breakfast rave complete with food deals, lasers, free exercise and dance classes and music decided by you. We are working with Kent Sport, Kent Ballroom and Latin Dance Club and Kent Salsa to give you something to get out of bed for.
- FREE Open Mic Night, on Saturday 19th May, 7pm our café will become a safe haven to hide from your exam stresses and deadline woes! All performers are welcome, simply e-mail Imogen Dodds at email@example.com to book your slot.
- Film Quiz on Wednesday 23rd May at 7.30pm, whether you are a movie connoisseur or a film novice, there will be a round for you. Entry will be £1 per team member, with a max of 6 people per team.
- Love, Simon & FilmTalk on Sunday 20th May at 7pm, this special screening will include a post-screening Q&A to talk about this landmark film. £6 Student tickets.
- School of Rock: Outdoor Screening on Tuesday 5th June at 9.30pm. Kick back with Jack Black and stick it to the man in this feel-good comedy screened outdoors on a summer’s evening. £5 Student tickets.
- TwoForTuesday! As always, we have lined up some of the best blockbusters coming to our cinema on our Student night, where students and under 25’s get 2 tickets for the price on 1 so £3pp!
- Tue 8 May – Sharknado
- Tue 15 May – Isle of Dogs
- Tue 22 May – The Greatest Showman Sing-Along (with MTS Jacapella)
- Tue 29 May – Rampage
- Tue 5 Jun – Avengers: Infinity War
- FREE Monday Board Games in Gulbenkian Café. Every Monday night at Gulbenkian cafe between 5-8pm, we will become a haven for game lovers. You can bring your own game or raid our stash in café. Cafe will also have deals on food including Pizza and a Pint for £10 or with a soft drink for £9, as well as any coffee and a brownie for £3.50.
- Live comedy at the Gulbenkian, come along and laugh away your worries with comedians like Daliso Chaponda on Sunday 20th May at 8pm for £15 and Chris Ramsey on Friday 1st June at 8pm for £20.
- And finally! Blasphemy Festival, gracing the Gulbenkian from Saturday 2nd – Sunday 3rd June, with a FREE one-off screening of Stewart Lee: 90’s Comedianon Saturday. On Sunday there will be a live stand-up show with emerging comedians.
So if you are looking for somewhere to take a break on campus, you’ll find a brief reprieve in the Gulbenkian. For more Destress events on campus visit the Kent Union website